Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Funky Fingers, Voodoo

















Yeah, I'm workin' through the Halloween-inspired swatches. Can you tell?

Anyway, Funky Fingers' Voodoo is a black creme with little irregular flakes of gold/olive green. This is two coats.  No application problems except for slight cuticle drag on the second coat--be careful not to push the polish around.
















In real life this polish looks almost.... wooden. Or like stones. The gold sparkle shows up like texture in the creme.  One would think that it'd look like stars or something--but organic is definitely the idea that comes to mind. The next picture might showcase that pretty well:



















I wouldn't even say that it looks true black from far off. The gold warms the color to a deep muddy brown, brings it highlights, flares and flashes in sunlight. I liked it a lot. Moody, brooding, dark, earthy... Voodoo is practical magic at its best.

3 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! I wanted to do something fun on my nails for Halloween, but now I don't know if I'll get to it! This is amazing, though! You have such beautiful long nail bed, btw...jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that's gorgeous! And I'm with Varnish Vixen, I'm envious too ;)

    ReplyDelete