Friday, September 18, 2009

RBL, Grunge



GODS I miss this color.

This is Rescue Beauty Lounge Grunge, taken and swatched last summer while I was still studying Latin in my apartment. Rescue Beauty Lounge is typically classified as a mushroomy, band-aid-but-better (BABB) color, and one of those super-chic neutrals that have become the IN-THING this Fall.

On me, it looks a little pink--it's not an exact match for my skin tone, obviously, but that's why I like it.

This is two coats--so yes, the polish is very opaque--and has a slight golden shimmer that one does not notice in the bottle although it becomes evident (but difficult to see) on the nail. (In the sun.) I quite like it; it makes the polish really interesting. Oh, and of course, Grunge wears like iron.

Okay. I love this polish. I really do. Out of all the RBLs I bought this summer (and I am in love with ALL OF THEM), Grunge is definitely the favorite. I can wear it anywhere. It looks good with everything. My hands look neat and clean and professional and chic simultaneously. It is synonymous with elegance and sophistication, despite the name. And--even better--despite the elegance, there is something incredibly moody about the color. It's a bit more sullen than your average pink or neutral, and that, I suppose, is where the mushroominess comes in.

I keep perceiving that Grunge looks as though it has a dark base (although it DOESN'T)--like a pink painted over a black. Blow up the pictures and see if you see it, too--and that's yet another reason why I love this color.

I didn't bring it back home with me during the summer, and I kind of sort of deeply wish I did. Sigh. Grunge, I miss you. They should never ever discontinue this color--I can imagine wearing this for the rest of my life without gathering weird looks.

1 comment:

  1. That is a perfect color to wear to work or to an interview, very lovely!

    ReplyDelete