Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Blush In A Mood Nail Polish, Green

 
Do you feel lucky?
Lucky is the mood today with our last Blush mini (props, nail polish naming company, for not taking the easy way out and naming it Envy like 103148231091 other green polishes) and it is the perfect color of sour apple candy. Like most of the set, it's a jelly three-coater, but three coats gets this one fully opaque. 

Here's a picture of it in sunlight and far off:


 
 Sunlight. 

  
Further off, indoors.
I'm surprised with how much I like this one, like the orange. It's not a color I'd normally wear, but it looks kind of good, don't you think? (Off topic, but I just put Mint Candy Apple on my toes and I have never seen such a terrible case of lobster feet as I see now. I guess that means I'm warm-toned? Funny how nail polish can teach you what makeup cannot. (I'm still a winter, though.)) It also looks juicy, but more in a candy kind of way than the orange, which reminded me of a pulp in a tangerine. This one just makes me want Jolly Ranchers.

I think that this set is a pretty good one! I knew what I liked in polish when I first started out--cool colors, the occasional red, pink, nude--but this makes me branch out a bit and tentatively poke the world of brights. And so far, so good; there isn't anything I hate yet except the sheer yellow that I'll probably end up frankening with. I can't imagine reaching often for the brights, but they'll be a fun alternative at some point during the spring and summer. And during dreary old days in the rain. :) So, yes. Good set, but I'm all color and jellied out. Do you know what that means?

It's glittertime.

6 comments:

  1. I love this one! Not sure if it would work with my skin tone but it sure is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome. I was fond of the orange one on you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! such a sweet lime green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! Its my favorite of all these. You said you got them at Ross? I'm stalking there tomorrow, then. must. have. jellies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, you guys! It's quite a color, and one of the things I love about it is how it's a leafy, squishy green indoors and this bright searing almost-neon in the light. Awesomesauce.

    Stephanie: really? I'm glad! I has color options now, yaaay~
    Ange-Marie: Yep, and for 2.99. Go stalk them nao!

    ReplyDelete