Tuesday, July 6, 2010

NOTD: Glitter Underlayer

















I was experimenting with layering glitter once and I figured that I wanted to actually wear something that was as understated as it was sparkly. I wasn't entirely sure what it would look like, or how I'd end up doing it, but I followed my instincts and put a coat of Nfu-Oh 119 over two coats of Color Club Sex Symbol.

This is what it looks like.


















































I like that this look is more cohesive than both jelly glitter and simply glitter itself:  I also like that it looks as though the smooth jelly overlay looks like it's faceted, and glints in different ways in the sun. I REALLY liked this mani, and it should be easy to replicate:  something sparkly at the bottom, a true jelly covering it.  I'll probably be experimenting with other glitters and jellies to see what kinds of looks I can come up with. 

















:D

6 comments:

  1. oh my lord! I love this! It looks smooth! Holy CRAP woman I think you just solved my glitter-phobia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scandalous: I really do as well. :) Some time this week I hope to try the same thing but with an orange jelly; I'll let you know how that goes soon! And I'm glad to help you with your glitterphobia. I understand only too well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I vaguely remember having this idea a long time ago and then forgetting to actually DO IT. Looks fabulous on you! (And thanks for thinking it up!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love this! I really want to see the orange jelly too, I bet that will look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea! Soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitty: hahaha, thanks! I imagine that a lot of people've thought of it before, but it was new to me. Try it out; I love it!

    Nicole: I will, once I'm off of professional colors... :/

    Jackie S.: thank you! I'm really curious as to how it would react with various other kinds of glitter, like, oh, MaaH... xP You should try it out!

    ReplyDelete