Saturday, July 3, 2010

Still not dead, and a happy Independence Day!

Sorry, guys. I really, truly am.  My place has no internet due to all kinds of odd reasons and I'm not entirely sure when we'll next get it, but until then I'll throw together a bunch of scheduled posts.  :D Please forgive me!

















Until then, here's my fourth of july manicure. :) I used a bunch of favorites to create this one:  two coats of Essie Jelly Apple for my base, a striper to create the, uh, stripes, and dragged my favorite blue, Nfu-Oh 119, to create the blue bit. Then I attempted to splatter with a striper; it didn't work. I still like it, though!

















Here it is in shade.



































Further off, shade and sun. :)

My manicure is inspired off of the CND Lookbook, which has myriads of different, beautiful designs.  I highly recommend looking through it! And have a wonderful, sparkly, bbq-y Fourth of July! :)

12 comments:

  1. I love this mani! When, I say love here, I really mean LOVE! It's like a cross between Jackson Pollock and Jasper Johns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Oh, and my sister's also an INTJ)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karina: . . . wow, that was just about the coolest thing anybody has ever said to me ever. :) I really like it too, but CND deserves all the praise here. Thanks! You've made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

    Great, unique mani - looks like watercolors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool - I love that it almost looks like the American flag in fireworks?

    :B
    ~Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really love how this came out - it's so cool! Happy 4th - and I miss your posts and your exquisite manicures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke: thanks! Again, though, I probably shouldn't take the credit for it. :)

    yardsticks 4 lunatics: It kind of does, doesn't it? I want to try something vaguely impressionist, now that I know that I can! Or maybe simply Van Gogh-an. It needs more yellow to be fireworks-y, though; I kind of just wanted the blue and the stars to melt down the stripes, a little.

    nicole: happy fourth, sweetie~ I'll try to put up scheduled posts for the rest of this week, at the least!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice mani :)
    i have a giveaway in my blog come on see if you want !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funky Fingers MOonwalk looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lily nail: thanks! And I sure will. :)

    Starlight: thank you so much! That was a sneak peek I didn't want people to see until thursday, lol, but thanks!

    ReplyDelete